I'm probably just missing something, but what about the output you showed is wrong? Since you didn't give it any command to run as the super-user it makes sense that it'd be telling you what the valid command options are.
I am running a hd install of kanotix debian. Did update sudo package tonight and my pkg mgr decided to crash.
Result:
nish@ecs:~$ sudo
usage: sudo -K | -L | -V | -h | -k | -l | -v
usage: sudo [-HPSb] [-p prompt] [-u username|#uid]
{ -e file [...] | -i | -s | <command> }
nish@ecs:~$
I have uninstalled and reinstalled sudo and nish (me) is in sudoers group. Any ideas? On reinstall I did a message that no sudoers group was found in /etc and it created one for me. Help much appreciated. This is a new one to me and I have to get it back. Thanks!
I'm probably just missing something, but what about the output you showed is wrong? Since you didn't give it any command to run as the super-user it makes sense that it'd be telling you what the valid command options are.
normally sudo returns a password prompt, no? Or is that just su? (idjot mode here)
The only command I ever gave it was sudo knoppix-installer and I don't want to run that again LOL
By default I think sudo asks for a password. But I thought knoppix and kanotix set the sudoers file up so that you can run sudo without a password. Look in your sudoers file...it probably has NOPASSWD in it.
ALL = NOPASSWD: ALL
change it to
ALL = (ALL) ALL
if you want to have to do the password. I think that's right anyways.![]()
ahhh, that was what was throwing me, maybe. All this distro trying out (and Fedora being so different especially). Maybe I should stop playing with the others...
Really, why do I keep trying out other distros when I am perfectly happy with kanotix ? *rhetorical question*
Because you're curious and want to see what the alternatives are like. Nothing wrong with that...unless that curious tendency bleeds over into one's marriage or something. :POriginally Posted by nishtya
![]()

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$53.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$77.90
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$74.99