-
IRQ crash
I think Knoppix is great. Have been using linux 5 years now.
Sometimes when I boot it on my desktop it loads the ramdisk then detects devices then fails on IRQ and gives a message about stack and not sincing.
Don't know how to save this output.
System is an AMD 1gz on a Gigabyte 71gax, 380 mb ram. Plug and Play is enabled in bios. Don't want to change this if I don't have to.
Have saved configuration and made home directory, but doesn't get to this point of boot. booting Knoppix lang=us seems to be more sucessful.
I particularly would like to know if this is bad for my hardware.
I have no problems with my thinkpad p2 notebook.
David.
-
more
The problems starts with scsi aborting timeout. I don't have any scsi in my system.
Then its kernel panix.
The Interupt handler not syncing.
Best,
David.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: more

Originally Posted by
drg55
The problems starts with scsi aborting timeout. I don't have any scsi in my system.
Then its kernel panix.
The Interupt handler not syncing.
Best,
David.
What cheat codes have you tried? I would suggest knoppix noscsi at the boot: prompt and maybe even a few more of the no options like noapic and if everything else fails just failsafe at the prompt.
-
I read all the FAQ and was going to give the noscsi a go.
I usually do lang=us home= myconfiig=
It would seem to me that the myconfig could occur earlier in the boot process so that all the devices did not have to be searched for every time.
Thanks indeed for your help.
David.
Similar Threads
-
By slwrider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By Zeddicus in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By Kosko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By Nils in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:24 AM
-
By expohirma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99