Hello,
Do you have your webcam working?
I'm new in Linux and I'm having big problems in putting my webcam working, I have one Logitech 4000 Pro but I think that the driver is the same, so you have it working, perhaps you can help me.
Thanks
When I boot my PC under Windows my webcam's light blimps on for a sec ("hello I'm working") and then stays off, untill you use it. Under Knoppix the light stays on. Kinda irritating, so I've now put the thing behind me monitor...
Does anybody know how to close the device or whatever? It worked normaly under Mandrake 9.0. And when I open and close xawtv for example it will stay off too. But that's not the way it is supposed to work...
The device doesn't show up in lspci, so here's a snippet of dmesg:
Code:Linux video capture interface: v1.00 pwc Philips PCA645/646 + PCVC675/680/690 + PCVC730/740/750 webcam module version 8.6 loaded. pwc Also supports the Askey VC010, Logitech Quickcam 3000 Pro, Samsung MPC-C10 and MPC-C30, pwc the Creative WebCam 5, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite VCS-UC300 and VCS-UM100. usb.c: registered new driver Philips webcam pwc Philips PCVC740K (ToUCam Pro) USB webcam detected. pwc Registered as /dev/video0. usb.c: registered new driver audio usbaudio: device 2 audiocontrol interface 1 has 1 input and 0 output AudioStreaming interfaces usbaudio: valid input sample rate 44100 usbaudio: device 2 interface 2 altsetting 1: format 0x00000010 sratelo 44100 sratehi 44100 attributes 0x00 usbaudio: valid input sample rate 22050 usbaudio: device 2 interface 2 altsetting 2: format 0x00000010 sratelo 22050 sratehi 22050 attributes 0x00 usbaudio: valid input sample rate 11025 usbaudio: device 2 interface 2 altsetting 3: format 0x00000010 sratelo 11025 sratehi 11025 attributes 0x00 usbaudio: valid input sample rate 8000 usbaudio: device 2 interface 2 altsetting 4: format 0x00000010 sratelo 8000 sratehi 8000 attributes 0x00 usbaudio: registered dsp 14,3 usbaudio: constructing mixer for Terminal 3 type 0x0101 usbaudio: warning: found 1 of 0 logical channels. usbaudio: assuming the channel found is the master channel (got a Philips camera?). Should be fine. usbaudio: registered mixer 14,0 usb_audio_parsecontrol: usb_audio_state at defd5360 audio.c: v1.0.0:USB Audio Class driver
Hello,
Do you have your webcam working?
I'm new in Linux and I'm having big problems in putting my webcam working, I have one Logitech 4000 Pro but I think that the driver is the same, so you have it working, perhaps you can help me.
Thanks

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72