-
Wireless trouble
I have a toshiba satellite 2415 with a siemens ss1021 pcmcia card. I have tried everything to get my card to work. I have tried pump -i eth0 and wlcardconfig I can't seem to get anything to recognize my card. I am brand new to linux, but find it very interesting. Please help if you can. Thanx
-
Re: Wireless trouble

Originally Posted by
cpacers31
I have a toshiba satellite 2415 with a siemens ss1021 pcmcia card. I have tried everything to get my card to work. I have tried pump -i eth0 and wlcardconfig I can't seem to get anything to recognize my card. I am brand new to linux, but find it very interesting. Please help if you can. Thanx

OK -- the first thing we need to find out is what chipset the card has.
From: http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
it appears that there are two versions of your card; one with a Prism chipset and the other a TI chipset. The former should be easy to do; the latter could be more problematic. So we need to know which is which.
So, unless you know -- type ( in a console as root): lspci -v and let us know what it says.
Hope to help.
Grant D. Vallance
-
re:
Sorry it took so long to reply. It is the 1021 PCMCIA Prism2/2.5/3. Thank you for your help
-
There is a sticky on hardware I think that goes into great detail on how to get wireless working.
Similar Threads
-
By Structure7 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
-
By amoore in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-22-2005, 08:16 PM
-
By Rasalibra in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
-
By redhat11 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
-
By eggsally in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01