Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I don't believe it!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    I don't believe it!

    Knoppix is the only distro that works with my Centrino laptop. I just could not believe it. Have tried Mandrake10, susie(total crap), Redhat9 and Fedora. None of them found my Wan network card.
    Using a Packard Bell E5.
    Fantastic.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    That's nice to hear. It is reported that Kanotix also has excellent Centrino support.

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    I Hear Ya!

    On my highly overclocked Celeron 1300 (up to 1696 mhz)

    I tried Xandros. Could never find my serial mouse correctly and was buggy has hell Also very slow.
    Simply Mepis also could not find neither my serial mouse or a PS/2 mouse on the live CD
    Mandrake - forget it.

    Knoppix found everything and everything worked, well except for my old Aureal sound card. I ditched that. Put in a Sound Blaster Live card.

    I installed it to my HD to dual boot with XP

    Go Knoppix!!!!

    It's revolutionary. The live CD is an install CD and the install CD morphs into a rescue CD. It's amazing!!!

    sakiZ

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36

    Re: I don't believe it!

    Quote Originally Posted by axxess
    Knoppix is the only distro that works with my Centrino laptop. I just could not believe it. Have tried Mandrake10, susie(total crap), Redhat9 and Fedora. None of them found my Wan network card.
    Using a Packard Bell E5.
    Fantastic.
    I don't know about Knoppix but, yes, Kanotix is great for laptop use. I run it on an IBM T40.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99