-
Intalling Software... How?
I'm still a Linux newbie in more ways then one which is one of the reasons Knoppix appeals to me (also the tremendous amount of pre-installed software) . I've got a HD install of 3.7 on my notebook and thanks to alot of people on this forum my PCMCIA WiFi card and printer are working.
My biggest problem is installing software... I've seen alot of things about "apt-get" but am not sure if this would help, I've no problem downloading softare and using arc to unzip it but after that I'm lost. Does anyone know of a tutorial or something of that sort that can help me out with this? I guess one of the bigger differnce from Windows to Linux is you can't just "double-click" and things move into action. Thanks for any help!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I moved this snce it seems to better fit under the HDD install forum.
Install application has some issues. Read through this forum for some of them.
You likely will be very interested in the work of probono, see this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7680
-
Thanks, I wasn't quite sure where it would fit... my mistake.
And thanks for the link also!
-
To use apt-get first run (as root)
apt-get update
then apt-get install package
Take a look at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages for the thousands of Debian packages
Similar Threads
-
By Xpiral in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 03:38 PM
-
By sandig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By Doc in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 06:43 AM
-
By Zuggy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 03:09 PM
-
By CelticSoul in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco N9K-C93360YC-FX2 Nexus 9300 w/ 96p 1/10/25G,12p 100G,MACsec capable TESTED
$3594.95

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$689.00

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop
$44.99