-
Intalling Software... How?
I'm still a Linux newbie in more ways then one which is one of the reasons Knoppix appeals to me (also the tremendous amount of pre-installed software) . I've got a HD install of 3.7 on my notebook and thanks to alot of people on this forum my PCMCIA WiFi card and printer are working.
My biggest problem is installing software... I've seen alot of things about "apt-get" but am not sure if this would help, I've no problem downloading softare and using arc to unzip it but after that I'm lost. Does anyone know of a tutorial or something of that sort that can help me out with this? I guess one of the bigger differnce from Windows to Linux is you can't just "double-click" and things move into action. Thanks for any help!
Similar Threads
-
By Xpiral in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 03:38 PM
-
By sandig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By Doc in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 06:43 AM
-
By Zuggy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 03:09 PM
-
By CelticSoul in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super
$148.66

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00