Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

    I am attempting to use the knx-installer on a Kanotix remaster. Not only that but I've also nuked all of KDE. Instead I wish to use GDM. The installation actually works fine and from run level 3 user can issue startxfce4 and away it goes and works like a dream. If however one attempts to use ANY login manager including kdm, gdm or xdm I get the dreaded Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key in .xsession-errors. I don't *think* it's an installer issue but rather .Xauthority but then again if I were sure I would fix it right? Anyway...I don't know too much about how the xserver permissions work. Thanks for any ideas.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Have you tried just deleting/renaming ~.Xauthority and restarting X.

Similar Threads

  1. I/O Magic USB DVD BURNER GONE in 3.9?
    By morbidpalooza in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
  2. Cookie from KDE
    By lotech in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 12:52 AM
  3. Cookie warning from KDE
    By lotech in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
  4. What powerful magic is this?
    By nube in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 04:28 AM
  5. Cookie Management
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99