-
Change video driver
Hi
I got the CD, booted and it ran fine, though I wasn't happy with the screen resolution. So I decided to do a HD-install, messed up my disk when partioning and at least have now a running version of linux on the disk.
I still have no clue though, how to install the correct video driver. This is what the lspci -v gave for the video card:
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV20 [GeForce3] (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Hercules: Unknown device 0040
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
Memory at f1000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at f4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Memory at f3800000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=512K]
Expansion ROM at f37f0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0
On Win2K I can run it with a resolution of 1920x1200 and that's what I would like to achieve here as well.
As I'm a complete newbie, I would like to thank you for a detailed description. Thanks A LOT in advance.
Matth
Similar Threads
-
By logicmaster2003 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
-
By echodavis in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 01:58 AM
-
By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
-
By Stas in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By ProDJ Tech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95