did you have /dev/hda1 mounted when you ran lilo? Your RedHat entry looks like it should work.
I installed Red Hat 9 on hda1 and choose not to use the red hat bootloader. I made a boot disk instead. Now I want to edit lilo.conf, which is the mandrake bootloader on hda6, to add Red Hat to the options and have it boot from there instead of the floppy. Please help with this entry. Here is what my lilo.conf looks like:
default="WindowsXP"
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
#timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinuz
label="Mandrake"
root=/dev/hda4
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent"
vga=788
read-only
image=/mnt/hda6/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-kanotix-5
label="Kanotix"
root=/dev/hda6
# initrd=/mnt/hda6/boot/initrd.img
vga=791
append="ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce alsa noinitrd.img"
read-only
other=/dev/hda2
label="WindowsXP"
table=/dev/hda
other=/boot/vmlinuz
label="RedHat"
#image=/mnt/hda1/boot/vmlinuz
# label="RedHat"
# root=/dev/hda1
# initrd=/mnt/hda1/boot/initrd.img
# vga=788
# append="initrd=initrd.img hdc=ide-scsi"
Right now it boots to a screen that says booting from diskette is no longer supported. But it can boot into red hat from the floppy. I commented out some things that didn't work, said file or directory does not exist when I ran lilo. Please help with this entry.
did you have /dev/hda1 mounted when you ran lilo? Your RedHat entry looks like it should work.
That entry gives the error that hda1 does not have a valid boot signature.
This entry actually goes farther:
other=/boot/vmlinuz
label="RedHat"
That is the one that gets me to the screen where it tells me:
Direct booting from floppy is no longer supported.
Please use a boot loader program instead.
Remove disk and press and key to reboot...
Then is loops me back to the lilo options.
I installed the bootloader to floppy. So how does that change anything?
This is the entry that works:
image=/boot/vmlinuz
label="RedHat"
root=/dev/hda1
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
vga=788
append="hdc=ide-scsi"
read-only

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58