-
Perfect Linux box
Greetings,
I'm searching to build a "perfect" Linux box. I've used Debian, SuSe, and Knoppix for awhile now, but all dualbooting with windows (gah!) or running off of the CD. Now I'm looking to build my own custom box with just Linux, and I'm wondering what companies make the best Linux compatible hardware and will have few issues...
thanks,
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't really know, but I do know some (cool IMHO) Linux TV recorder project named MythTV where some people are building "perfect boxes" (silent, fast, good video playback). I would suggest to 'rip out' the tv-card (á 50-100 EUR) and you'll have a perfectly compatible Linux PC.
http://www.goldfish.org/~mcooper/pvrhw/stats.html
There are some more sites, but I can remember them now.
-
Here is a good place to get started
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/
Good Luck
-
thanks for the replies, i'll look into both sites.....
cheers,
mike
Similar Threads
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By HateSpitLove in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 01:44 AM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
-
By bro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 06:01 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00