-
What's with the new website look?
Why was the website's look changed? The old page looked WAY cooler. This new page looks just plain AWFUL. The blue cd, looks like a crapily done image, the homepage looks dank and dreary- PLEASE don't kick me out of the forum for this, but PLEASE talk to the webmaster/designer!
-
Change the board style to v2 in your profile if you want it back. Me, I kind of like the new look.
-
Senior Member
registered user
hey if u don't like it use the v2 theme. Imo the old design was looking a bit dated. There will be more work done on the homepage so be paitent.
There is also going to be a new wiki installed ( mediawiki instead of phpwiki ). Mediawiki ( the software that wikipedia.org uses ) is so much better and should help make the wiki more accessible.
-
I really like the new design. Great job to the admins of this site.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think the page really needed an updated look.
Great job.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I like the new look. The only thing I miss is the old home page that listed the most recent posts. Maybe that is planned for the future.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi
I like the new look. The only thing I miss is the old home page that listed the most recent posts. Maybe that is planned for the future.
Yes that will be coming back. The content on the homepage will be redone. I like what they've done with www.gnoppix.org and want to do something similar.
-
Hei
The change is fine.. only thing I have always thought tho' is that the text appears greyish, more difficult to see than other sites..
That could well be partly my eyes, but might also be due to the general lightness of the background, compared with other sites...
mvh
-
well I will agree that the new design is a bit wanky and the old design was a bit dated, but i was kinda used to it,, ahh well, the wife bought me a new pair of slippers too so im really disgruntled - maybe a little autistic but not as bad as my mother screaming at me down the phone to leave Yahoo mail the way it was!
My point is to let you know that it seems to fall apart in Dillo, and although i dont think i want to
get in to another "browser wars" debate, for Knoppix at least, i think it is important.
(DSL uses dillo as default and I believe they are family, are they not?)
-
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:27 PM
-
By dragonx in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 11:43 PM
-
By Franko in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 12:55 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99