-
EZButton on PowerPro M 5:14
I just bought this laptop and I'm trying to make it a Linux only machine. The problem is that it has a switch on the side that turns the built in Gigabyte wireless card on and off and this switch only works if Windows is installed along with a Windows EZButton driver. I don't really get how this driver is still working when I boot Knoppix but its presence is definitely necessary for this switch to work. Without it, Linux recognizes the card but I can't turn it on! Anyone know how I can get this switch to work without relying on the Windows EZButton driver?
-
There exists a few different drivers:-
http://rfswitch.sourceforge.net/?page=laptop_matrix
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~tauber/acerhk/
It's hard for me to tell you what exactly you need because your description of the machine you use was not enough!
-
It's a Centrino laptop, PowerPro 5:14 from PowerNotebooks. What kind of info are you looking for?
-
charshep,
I just needed to know the manufacturer, ok.
http://www.powernotebooks.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1536
It seems you have a rebadged Compal CL51, and is similar to the Compal CL56, which I happen to own.
So look at the rfswitch laptop matrix linked in the previous post for instructions. You can only try!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02
$140.00

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00