-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing Knoppix..
I just download Knoppix 3.6 CD 700MB, when I boot up and say I want to type something in OpenOffice, where would it get saved to? Can I save it to my HD? I have 2 partitions, one with windows ntfs and one fat32 with no OS, just backup files. Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
you can save to the fat32 partition which knoppix will probably call hda5. Do not attempt to write to the ntfs partition unless you use captive ntfs.
You will first have to mount hda5 (use the desktop icon) then change it to read/write Right click on the desktop icon). Or type 'sudo mount -rw /dev/hda5' in a terminal.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok thanks, I saved my configuration on it, but when I booted i put in
knoppix hda5conf and it didn't work. I also tried knoppix myconfig=scan and it didn't work either.
Similar Threads
-
By runaway in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 02:19 AM
-
By GenneX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:59 PM
-
By marijn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By raditux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 11:18 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99