I just download Knoppix 3.6 CD 700MB, when I boot up and say I want to type something in OpenOffice, where would it get saved to? Can I save it to my HD? I have 2 partitions, one with windows ntfs and one fat32 with no OS, just backup files. Thanks.
I just download Knoppix 3.6 CD 700MB, when I boot up and say I want to type something in OpenOffice, where would it get saved to? Can I save it to my HD? I have 2 partitions, one with windows ntfs and one fat32 with no OS, just backup files. Thanks.
you can save to the fat32 partition which knoppix will probably call hda5. Do not attempt to write to the ntfs partition unless you use captive ntfs.
You will first have to mount hda5 (use the desktop icon) then change it to read/write Right click on the desktop icon). Or type 'sudo mount -rw /dev/hda5' in a terminal.
Ok thanks, I saved my configuration on it, but when I booted i put in
knoppix hda5conf and it didn't work. I also tried knoppix myconfig=scan and it didn't work either.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00