-
Dual-Booting Q's
Okey now that I've put my laptop through the ringer theres a few thigns I've still got problems with
I'm lost as to how to Dual-Boot the two (XP and Knoppix 3.7). When I installed Knoppix I used QTParted to make a 1.5 Gig Swap and the rest of the HD was ex 2 or 3 then did sudo knoppix-installer. XP I just booted from the CD and went through the steps etc. So I can install both to the HD with ease provided that they get the whole HD to themselves. How do I put the 2 togather? More specificaly which one should I put on first and when I install the second how do I let the MBR (preferrably Lilo) know that their both on there?
Its alot to ask so any responces are most appreciated!
Thanks
-Jameson
EDIT: The only reason I need an XP partition is for software that just hasn't been ported to Linux and for other people that occasionaly use my notebook.
Similar Threads
-
By AliveUD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
-
By sklynn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 10:07 PM
-
By dlhusk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 10:50 PM
-
By chim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 02:04 AM
-
By Gremlix in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95