Ah, nice to hear that the boot graphics is still there. It worked with me on Knoppix-3.1, haven seen it in 3.2, all blue indeed. But that could be because I boot from a floppy?Originally Posted by BlueIce
I've got a Geforce4 MX440...
Hello
It's not a problem but i'm curious. So when I boot from CD I got a blue screen with a "boot:" . When I boot the same CD on other computer I got a nice graphic with a logon ( boot: ) screen. The question is why my logon screen is blue ? My hardware is fully detected so it shoudn't be a hardware problem. I have ECS motherboard K7A...( i don't remeber rest ), and Duron 700Mhz , graphic card is RivaTNT M64 , RAM - 384MB. If it's my be helpfull I use Knoppix from CD.
BlueIce
PS>I my choosing boot from CD from a boot menu when my computer starts and on the others I change the settings in a BIOS can be it ?
Ah, nice to hear that the boot graphics is still there. It worked with me on Knoppix-3.1, haven seen it in 3.2, all blue indeed. But that could be because I boot from a floppy?Originally Posted by BlueIce
I've got a Geforce4 MX440...
Have you AMD processor ? I'm not sure but with Intel processor it works fine but on AMD it's a blue screen.
I have another question in this topic ... Have you problems with the blue screen on Intel processor anybody ? ( I think it's not about processor it's more about motherboard and chipset but still its only a theory )
BlueIce
I have no idea why you get a blue screen but I can tell you that both Knoppix 3.1 & 3.2 boot fine on my AMD-K7550, Intel 336, Intel 1.3G & Intel 90MHz. I would venture to guess that a blue screen has something to do with your graphics card but I couldn't say for sure.
My 3.1 version worked fine but I have updated to 3.2 and know I have a blue screen. I really don't know why.
BlueIce
I have had issues with 3.2 as well. I keep reverting to my 3.1 install because it works quite well. Without knowing every intricacy of Knoppix who's to say why this, that or the other occur when it did not before. The only thing I wish I had in 3.1 is tabbed browsing in Konqueror. Not a big issue really. It's alot of fun to keep pace with and even outdo my wife's 1.3G win2k machine.Originally Posted by BlueIce
hehe
SYSLINUX is what is responsible for displaying the graphical boot screen if your video bios supports it. I believe it will fall back to text if it can display the VGA image (you would think that every card would be able to display an image).
See:
http://syslinux.zytor.com/
So why the 3.1 version worked fine and in 3.2 I got a blue screen ? I didn't change my hardware. My graphics card is NVIDIA TNT2 M64.
Now I have this rare problem, no graphical boot screen, with a new mother and an AMD Duron.
(no problem with a Soyo and a Pemtium III)
The other hardware remains the same.
Why?
Is there a workaround for this ?
Thanks.

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99
samsung 350xba-K05 Chrome book 4 128GB 4G Ram Intel Celeron N4000
$149.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 11in 6GB RAM 256MB Wi‑Fi + 5G Tablet Gray
$199.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7" 32GB Gray Wi-Fi SM-T220 Open Box Excellent
$89.95
Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00