Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lost KNOPPIX menu

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    7

    Lost KNOPPIX menu

    Somehow in my menu editing, I have lost the Knoppix menu items, as well as the NX & captive NTFS ones.
    Is there an easy way to get them back? I tried once to manually create new Knoppix items, but it's time consuming and I missed some. Worse, it didn't seem to "stick" when I remastered (maybe I messed up...).

    Is there a "master" menu file somewhere that I can edit? I seem to remember reading that there is a "hidden" tag in a menu file.
    I also have trouble with default descriptions of menu items overriding my own. These seem to come from the .desktop files, but there are more than one-which one is used?

    Cleaning up and organizing the menus is one of the main reasons I wanted to remaster (plus add & remove programs of course).
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    There is a submenu in the main menu that contains everything that the KNOPPIX menu had (acually I think the KNOPPIX menu linked to it)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    7
    Yes, thats the one I am trying to recover.
    Plus, the NX & captive NTFS submenu/items.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Help, reinstalled windows, and lost Knoppix
    By jr0d82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 07:43 PM
  3. Kde menu customize - menu item language???
    By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. XMMS moved into "Lost & Found" on Start Menu??
    By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:27 AM
  5. tip: how not lost knoppix menu after hd-install
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 08:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$18.99



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power picture

Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power

$109.99