Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lost KNOPPIX menu

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    7

    Lost KNOPPIX menu

    Somehow in my menu editing, I have lost the Knoppix menu items, as well as the NX & captive NTFS ones.
    Is there an easy way to get them back? I tried once to manually create new Knoppix items, but it's time consuming and I missed some. Worse, it didn't seem to "stick" when I remastered (maybe I messed up...).

    Is there a "master" menu file somewhere that I can edit? I seem to remember reading that there is a "hidden" tag in a menu file.
    I also have trouble with default descriptions of menu items overriding my own. These seem to come from the .desktop files, but there are more than one-which one is used?

    Cleaning up and organizing the menus is one of the main reasons I wanted to remaster (plus add & remove programs of course).
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    There is a submenu in the main menu that contains everything that the KNOPPIX menu had (acually I think the KNOPPIX menu linked to it)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    7
    Yes, thats the one I am trying to recover.
    Plus, the NX & captive NTFS submenu/items.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Help, reinstalled windows, and lost Knoppix
    By jr0d82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 07:43 PM
  3. Kde menu customize - menu item language???
    By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. XMMS moved into "Lost & Found" on Start Menu??
    By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:27 AM
  5. tip: how not lost knoppix menu after hd-install
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 08:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)

$269.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$179.99



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX

$135.00



Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop - picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop -

$429.99



Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex picture

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex

$159.99