-
whats the advantage of the 2.6 kernel?
I currently have knoppix 3.6 on hda and xandros on hdb. Because I let xandros control the boot sequence via lilo, it only gives me one choice of kernel boot. it is currently booting into 2.4.27 kernel. I have not yet installed the 3d drivers for my new nvidia fx 5500 and before I do, I want to know if there is any real difference between the two offered kernels in knoppix 3.6. Currently, I have everything working with the 2.4 kernel, but I am a practitioner of "If it aint broke, fix it until it is" philosophy. Is there any real advantage to the 2.6 kernel? AND...any little secrets I might need to know about when I do this nvidia driver install?
thanx
helios
Similar Threads
-
By yosef in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 11:46 AM
-
By SkeetQ in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 04:16 AM
-
By piko in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By tonyleake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Lot of 4 - Kingston 1GB PC2-5300F DDR2 667MHz ECC Server RAM KVR667D2S8F5/1G
$59.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Lot of 14 - 16GB DDR4 Memory PC4-3200 SODIMM Laptop RAM 3200MHz (MIX BRAND)
$900.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50