what do you want to do with this cloop?
use kernel module od jsut extract_compressed_fs binaries?
I am using fedora core 2 and I have tried to compile cloop version 2.01-5. However the default tarball gives me the following errors:
[root@skibum cloop-2.01]# make
( make -C advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs advfs )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_co
mpressed_fs'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O3 -DUSE_ERROR_SILENT -DUSE_COMPRESS -c
-o advfs.o `test -f 'advfs.cc' || echo './'`advfs.cc
In file included from advfs.cc:24:
/usr/include/asm/byteorder.h:6:2: warning: #warning using private kernel header;
include <endian.h> instead!
In file included from advfs.cc:33:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:262: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:262: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:262: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:263: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:263: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:263: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:265: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:265: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:265: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:267: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:267: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:267: error: syntax error before `)' token
In file included from advfs.cc:33:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:387: error: syntax error before `}' token
make[1]: *** [advfs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_com
pressed_fs'
make: *** [advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs/advfs] Error 2
When I remove the byteorder include from advfs.cc and replace it with endian.h, I get this error:
[root@skibum cloop-2.01]# make
( make -C advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs advfs )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O3 -DUSE_ERROR_SILENT -DUSE_COMPRESS -c -o advfs.o `test -f 'advfs.cc' || echo './'`advfs.cc
advfs.cc: In function `int main(int, char**)':
advfs.cc:245: error: `__cpu_to_be64' undeclared (first use this function)
advfs.cc:245: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [advfs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs'
make: *** [advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs/advfs] Error 2
My kernel version is 2.6.8-1.521smp. Does anybody knows why this happens?
Thanks,
Scott
what do you want to do with this cloop?
use kernel module od jsut extract_compressed_fs binaries?
I had the same problem..
If you move the line
#include <netinet/in.h>
above the original
#include <asm/byteorder.h>
the code should compile..It did the trick here... and I'm running FC2 with 2.4.22 kernel..
Originally Posted by scottsavarese
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
$70.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99