-
compiling cloop on fedora core 2
I am using fedora core 2 and I have tried to compile cloop version 2.01-5. However the default tarball gives me the following errors:
[root@skibum cloop-2.01]# make
( make -C advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs advfs )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_co
mpressed_fs'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O3 -DUSE_ERROR_SILENT -DUSE_COMPRESS -c
-o advfs.o `test -f 'advfs.cc' || echo './'`advfs.cc
In file included from advfs.cc:24:
/usr/include/asm/byteorder.h:6:2: warning: #warning using private kernel header;
include <endian.h> instead!
In file included from advfs.cc:33:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:262: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:262: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:262: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:263: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:263: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:263: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:265: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:265: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:265: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:267: error: syntax error before `)' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:267: error: syntax error before `?' token
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:267: error: syntax error before `)' token
In file included from advfs.cc:33:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:387: error: syntax error before `}' token
make[1]: *** [advfs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_com
pressed_fs'
make: *** [advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs/advfs] Error 2
When I remove the byteorder include from advfs.cc and replace it with endian.h, I get this error:
[root@skibum cloop-2.01]# make
( make -C advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs advfs )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O3 -DUSE_ERROR_SILENT -DUSE_COMPRESS -c -o advfs.o `test -f 'advfs.cc' || echo './'`advfs.cc
advfs.cc: In function `int main(int, char**)':
advfs.cc:245: error: `__cpu_to_be64' undeclared (first use this function)
advfs.cc:245: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [advfs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/savarese/cloop-2.01/advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs'
make: *** [advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs/advfs] Error 2
My kernel version is 2.6.8-1.521smp. Does anybody knows why this happens?
Thanks,
Scott
-
Senior Member
registered user
what do you want to do with this cloop?
use kernel module od jsut extract_compressed_fs binaries?
-
Re: compiling cloop on fedora core 2
Similar Threads
-
By universpace in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2006, 08:52 AM
-
By shadyaftermath in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 11:12 PM
-
By realpc in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By ghstridr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 11:15 AM
-
By pr0gm4 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99