-

Originally Posted by
shah
Try:
lspci
cat /proc/pci
How about buying a cheap new pci sound card rather then waiting for a new driver is coming out which we don't know when. Make sure the card is supported by linux/knoppix.

I managed to install the properd driver I think. It was emu10k1x, I have a SOundblaster SB0200. This is exactly the module suggested from creative.
now if I list the modules (lsmod) I get:
snd-seq-midi 3040 0 (autoclean) (unused)
snd-seq-midi-event 3136 0 (autoclean) [snd-seq-midi]
snd-seq 35216 0 (autoclean) [snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event]
snd-emu10k1x 8228 1 (autoclean)
snd-rawmidi 12224 0 (autoclean) [snd-seq-midi snd-emu10k1x]
snd-seq-device 3624 0 (autoclean) [snd-seq-midi snd-seq snd-rawmidi]
snd-ac97-codec 47648 0 (autoclean) [snd-emu10k1x]
snd-pcm 53668 0 (autoclean) [snd-emu10k1x snd-ac97-codec]
snd-timer 13828 0 (autoclean) [snd-seq snd-pcm]
snd 28740 1 (autoclean) [snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-emu10k1x snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device snd-ac97-codec snd-pcm snd-timer]
snd-page-alloc 4200 0 (autoclean) [snd-seq-midi snd-seq snd-emu10k1x snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device snd-pcm snd-timer snd]
no errors during installation. Still I can not hear any sound!!!!
The application Kmix, now shows the Soundblaster and all the channels.
Any other suggestions? I feel like I am very close to solve the
mistery.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Fenwick in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-22-2006, 03:10 AM
-
By jason_pine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2005, 11:15 PM
-
By steev in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
-
By Edwin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 04:46 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem
$395.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99