Try this at console: chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons
I'm using kurumin 4.0 alpha 2 (a Brazilian flavor of Knoppix) with Kde 3.3.
I like to have my icons (shortcuts to programs) in desktop arranged in a manner that I understand and I think make sense for me.
Every time I boot the system up, something sorts the icons in alphabetical order and arrange them in columns. I don't like that. It makes too difficult for me to find the icons.
Does anyone know how can I avoid the system to do this courtesy to me??
Try this at console: chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01