Testdisk.............last time I check, it comes with knoppix.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/
Hello,
I tried splitting/adjusting partions on an older system. Initially linux fdisk was warning me that hda1 did not finish on a cylinder boundary. Now that I proceeded and rewrote the altered partition table to disk, I get the same warning for all other (primary) partitions, and DOS/Windows can't boot or even recognise the C: unit anymore. The XP recovery console, though, can find the original C:\WinNT installation, and list the C: (fat32) contents. I am guessing the initial partitioning may have been defined without LBA or something like that, and the apparent disk geometry as seen by a recent fdisk is slightly different - not different enough to have detroyed everything, but enough to render the system unbootable. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a tool that would, say, scan the disk and guess a partition table based on identified FS signatures or other heuristics. TIA for any suggestion.
Testdisk.............last time I check, it comes with knoppix.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00