-
Installing KOffice in Knoppix 3.6
Hi everyone, I tried to install Koffice in knoppix but I can't. I have a persistent home directory. I did:
apt-get update
apt-get install koffice
everything went fine until this:
After unpacking 50.6MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
debconf: DbDriver "passwords" warning: could not open /var/cache/debconf/passwords.dat: Permission denied
dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
so the download went fine but somehow I can't install.
I've tried as su also, but it says:
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
I think it's because root stands in the CD, therefore is a read-only drive. And knoppix can't get permission for installation.
Can someone help?
Thank you!
-
Senior Member
registered user
It won't work. Apt-get is meant for hardisk installation only. Your best bet right now is klik.
http://klik.berlios.de/
-
Senior Member
registered user
klik://koffice (KOffice isn't on the klik homepage yet, but it did work for me when I tried some while ago.)
Greetings,
probono
Similar Threads
-
By marijn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By williamb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:36 PM
-
By raditux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 11:18 PM
-
By jake5m in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$18.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00