No, I don't think so, mainly because the home directory needs permissions that windows doesn't support.
I'm running Knoppix 3.4 c't Edition on a diskless machine. Now I would like to have the Knoppix home directory on an smb share on my server. Is there a way to do that?
No, I don't think so, mainly because the home directory needs permissions that windows doesn't support.
I didn't say anything about Windows...
But I will put a disk in that machine now anyways, you're just too limited booting only from CD.
Thanks.
You might be able to use a usbdrive instead of a HDD for your persistent home.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99