Sounds good. XFCE4 and Rox...the perfect desktop combo. I'll have to give it a try later.![]()
Sounds good. XFCE4 and Rox...the perfect desktop combo. I'll have to give it a try later.![]()
There is a slightly improved version available.
XFCE4.2_ROX_2004-11-16.iso
I would use it only for a live cd at the moment. Avoid the hdd installation just yet as there are some bugs to work out since it no longer uses KDE.
Probono has been working hard on klik to support new features. I hope to add klik soon.
I tried out the original version. It was very nice to have a live-cd boot up into a desktop so close to my own. I like XFLD too, but it's initial configuration is nothing like I set up myself. With yours I really only had to kill xftaskbar4 to get a nice working environment. I hope others here will give it a try so they can see how good xfce4 has gotten.
Originally Posted by champagnemojo
Glad you tried/liked it. Hmmm alot of people do not like the xftaskbar4. One big dislike is that it shows all windows even if they are not minimized. Do you just not use a taskbar or is there another reason you killed it?
I just personally don't like having the panel and the taskbar on separate ends of the desktop. So I like the taskbar panel plugin alot, and use it instead.Originally Posted by mzilikazi
A few new screenshots w/ XFCE4 running on the xorg server w/ transparency.
http://mzilikazix.org/screens
Not sure if I'll add the xorg server to the disc just yet........
Hi mzilikazi , The screenshots are cooooolI am looking forward ot booting a live CD that has x.org and nvidia/ati binary drivers...
Greetings,
probono

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97