-
Senior Member
registered user
I use the command init # to change runlevels. If i boot Knoppix 3.6 from CD using the cheat code knoppix 2 vga=normal then I am dumped into a console session as root in runlevel 2. If after that I then want to run a normal KDE session I use init 5. If I want to reboot I use init 6 and if I want to shutdown I use init 0. Take a look at /etc/inittab as it will not only list the default runlevel but also list function of the other runlevels.
Here is a good page on runlevels http://www.telenovela-world.com/~spa...t-HOWTO-6.html.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 01:40 PM
-
By likebrokenrecords in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By cesman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By cjaferre in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 02:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99