-
A link for a site that explains pppd program
Does anyone know of a website that gives a faqs that explains how to use pppd program? I want a website that will give examples of how to setup one pc to answer the incoming call and one that will call out.
I was told that the pppd program can be use to set up a dial up network between two pc.
I have already try man pppd and the information there was not helpfull to me since it mostly talks about dialing out and not about incoming calls.
I am running Knoppix 3.6 from cd and my friend is running the same version from cd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
one small question.
what wire do you have between the two computers?
the reason i aks is that there could be some difficulty if you use the wrong one, outsignal will try to go to outsignal pin on recieving computer if you do not go over a phoneline first.
-
I want to dial to my friends pc and have his pc, running Knoppix 3.6 from cd to answer the call. I want to create a dial up network between the two pcs.
Someone on the forums said that this can be done with pppd but could not explain to me how this could be done. The pppd needs script files so that one pc dials out and the other accepts the incoming call. The man page gives an example of dialing out but not for accepting a incoming call.
Do you know how I can setup a dial up network using pppd, which will be run from Knoppix 3.6 cd?
I hope this explain better what I want to do with pppd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
here you have a HOWTO desribing that using a nullmodem (a crossed serialcable), should be about the same with regular modems.
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...WTO/index.html
try and see.
basically you might configure the modem with an AT comand, (if i remember right ATS0=1) , then the authentication and so is up to you.
Similar Threads
-
By pettybone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 07:26 PM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:06 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$693.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99