This is not helping much but as I understand it, mounting needs a filesystem which audio CDs don't have, so there is AFAIK no way to mount something that doesn't exist.
Hi, all,
There is another `question' about mouting audio CDs. As I have read many posts here, most people suggest not to directly mount audio CD. They tend to use CD players like kscd or gnome-cd to play it.
This is fine, but I do want to mount the audio CD. (Not only for ripping the cd, grip is fine to do that.) Could anyone know how to do it?
BTW, I know
mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
will work on data CDs and some audio CDs. But I want to know a 'better' solution.
Thanks.
/Leone
This is not helping much but as I understand it, mounting needs a filesystem which audio CDs don't have, so there is AFAIK no way to mount something that doesn't exist.
Hmm,
I am wondering how the fact comes that some Audio CDs are mounted successfully. Are they burnt with iso9660 format?
And I am wondering how grip and other CD-rippers are able to detect the cd audio track. Does anybody have got some clues?
/Leone
You can try going with konqueror to audiocd:/ to browse it.
If it can be mounted with iso9660 it's probably burned as a data cd and not an audio cd.
An audio cd is just raw data with some bits telling where a track starts and ends.And I am wondering how grip and other CD-rippers are able to detect the cd audio track. Does anybody have got some clues?
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/...ect_07_04.html
Thanks Markus, the link helps me a lot.An audio cd is just raw data with some bits telling where a track starts and ends.
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/...ect_07_04.html![]()

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00