-
Hard disk boot sector invalid
Greetings,
I am very new to linux and recently installed the Knoppix 3.6 CD on a PC with success. So, I decided to install it on my laptop (HP Pavilion without a floppy drive) using the installer that comes with it. I used the IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer and when through the installation as I did with the PC. I chose the basic configuration and partitioned the whole hard drive for a single linux boot. Everything appeared to go well until it was time to remove the CD and reboot. I get the usual HP logo page and then I receive the following:
Hard disk boot sector invalid
Press 'H' to retry Hard Disk, any other key for floppy
Again, I don't have a floppy and selected "No" when it was offered during the installation.
What has happened and how do I get beyond this issue?
Thanks,
NEOMinds
Similar Threads
-
By vegetto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
-
By Crenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 25
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By Merdock in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By djordie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By nicklaser in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99