-
Several issues -- and some solutions :-)
Hi,
This is my first post ever in this forum. I have installed Knoppix 3.4 in my hard disk so GNU/Linux is my only SO and my computer is finally MS-Free.
Most of the things are going fine with Knoppix, but I got some problems that may be you could help me with
.
1.- When the computer starts, after the lilo booting, I se the penguin but the first messages say something about "devfs" (that it was not mounted). I do not have any idea about what this means. Anything seems to work properly afterwards anyway, but if someone has any idea about it and how to solve, I will really apreciate it.
2.- Wireless card: I have a ipw2100 card in my computer... and it works! The problem is that it does not work EVERY boot. What can I do when knoppix does not configure it properly at startup? Up to the moment I am just rebooting...
3.- Wireless configuraton: Another thing is that my router uses WEP, so I have to use the "su" command and "iwconfig" every time I boot. Is there a way to do it automatically at startup? I have been manipulating some files in /etc/wlan, but they do not seem to work...
Thank you very much in advance...
Similar Threads
-
By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By bspachman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By rushworld in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM
-
By Eavy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:23 PM
-
By newman in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00