Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Trouble booting Knoppix in Win XP

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Trouble booting Knoppix in Win XP

    This is like my third try at running Knoppix on my computer. I used MD5 GUI and the .md5 file to check the image file and everything turned out ok. I burnt image using Sonic RecordNow! I set my boot sequence to first boot from the CD drive and then the hard disk, but it always boots in windows. I did check my settings and found that windows is the default Operating System, but that shouldn't matter. I've already looked into the FAQ, but I still can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5

    I know your dilemma

    I have tried with each version and have the same result.

    I burned with Nero and disabled my hard drive set the boot sequence and still no luck.

    I have tried on 3 different pc's

    I know these things are usually user error but at this point I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

    I hope its just a simple fix I could make the boot disketts from 3.3 but I would much rather have the cd just boot up.

    Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15
    Hello,

    It is possible that you did not burn the CD properly. Check out

    http://www.linuxiso.org/

    On the left side of the page, there are some links that explain exactly how to burn the CD so that it will be bootable.

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting Knoppix v3.8.2-2005.05.05EN
    By Miles_Teg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
  2. Trouble Booting Knoppix
    By skartel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
  3. Trouble booting Knoppix
    By chuckywang in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
  4. more trouble booting knoppix
    By edc in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:17 PM
  5. trouble booting a knoppix CD
    By Jared in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99