-
Trouble booting Knoppix in Win XP
This is like my third try at running Knoppix on my computer. I used MD5 GUI and the .md5 file to check the image file and everything turned out ok. I burnt image using Sonic RecordNow! I set my boot sequence to first boot from the CD drive and then the hard disk, but it always boots in windows. I did check my settings and found that windows is the default Operating System, but that shouldn't matter. I've already looked into the FAQ, but I still can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.
-
I know your dilemma
I have tried with each version and have the same result.
I burned with Nero and disabled my hard drive set the boot sequence and still no luck.
I have tried on 3 different pc's
I know these things are usually user error but at this point I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
I hope its just a simple fix I could make the boot disketts from 3.3 but I would much rather have the cd just boot up.
Thanks in advance.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hello,
It is possible that you did not burn the CD properly. Check out
http://www.linuxiso.org/
On the left side of the page, there are some links that explain exactly how to burn the CD so that it will be bootable.
Similar Threads
-
By Miles_Teg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
-
By skartel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By chuckywang in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
-
By edc in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:17 PM
-
By Jared in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00

Netgear ProSafe AGM732F 1000BASE-LX SFP 1310nm GBIC Module NEW SEALED
$80.00