Hello,
I have downloaded 3.3, 3.4 and 3.6 I have burned each version and tried booting from various Pc's with no luck.
I am a bit confused at this point as to why this is happening.
Any help?
Hello,
I have downloaded 3.3, 3.4 and 3.6 I have burned each version and tried booting from various Pc's with no luck.
I am a bit confused at this point as to why this is happening.
Any help?
You might check out http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BurnHome
Probably you didn't burn the CD "bootable". Does your burned CD contain a .iso file? Then the CD is burned wrong and you can see the link above on how to burn it correctly.
Also make sure your computer's BIOS is set to boot from CD.
Greetings,
probono
The cd boots up in windows and starts the index.html fine.
That link is broken.
The cd contains --
Folders = boot, demos and KNOPPIX
Files = autorun the dot bat file , autorun setup .inf, index.html and the cdrom icon file.
Have I burned it wrong?
Hmmm. It could be worseWhich software did you use to burn it? Does the computer boot from other bootable CDs, such as a Knoppix CD from a computer magazine cover or the Windows boot CD?
You might also check this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15008
Yes they boot from other boot cd's just not with the one I want lol.Originally Posted by probono
Chexked the linux site at that link and tried alchohol 120% to see if there is a .iso file but nothing there the .iso downloads the same files I have burned and not an .iso Im still unable to figure it out I will just keep at it till I get it.
thanks Probono
Please follow the instructions for burning on http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
Greetings
probono
I would love to burn the iso but the downloads of knoppix don't have one.Originally Posted by probono
I'm unclear on why you would say that. The most recent iso file on most mirrors is a file called KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso. It' is there. Also get a copy of KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso.md5.Originally Posted by Bklynjava
Since I often see corruption problems when downloading (to a windows machine) from the mirrors, you might want to use BitTorrent (it doesn't do the translation that ftp does that leads to the corruption).
And be sure to compare the md5sum checksums.
I had a very similar problem. The CD was just peachy, but the BIOS would not boot it.
I had to make a boot disk, you may have to as well. Here is where I downloaded mine from:
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/eco2g...pix-stuff.html
There are disks for three versions, you will need disk one and two for your version. Just put disk one and the CD in at boot and tell it to boot from floppy. Then after you reach the boot screen and tell Knoppix to boot another screen comes up asking for the second disk. Put it in and you're good.
It is a pain though if you are planning to always run it from the CD.

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99