-
autoconfig not recognizing sound and videocard on hd install
Hi:
I am trying to get the autoconfig script running on a hard disk install (Same way the live CD does when booting from it).
I am using the autoconfig script and hotplug. It finds the Network Card but for the Sound AND Video Card I get "Unknown vendor|unknown device xxxx
xx..." (Where xxxx
xxx are system id's I guess).
Anybody any idea how I could get autoconfigure to auto configure my sound and video card the same way the live CD does?
Thanks
AR
-
I installed hwdata and it seems to be working
AR
-
Senior Member
registered user
What is HWdata?
Is that a library package or something?
Where do you get that?
I tried to boot up Knoppix on my HD installation with a better but perhaps unsupported video card.
It booted into command line mode but never went into GUI mode.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By rbivins in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By ottod in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 04:09 AM
-
By zlibre in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 06:54 AM
-
By polemon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99