I installed hwdata and it seems to be working
AR
Hi:
I am trying to get the autoconfig script running on a hard disk install (Same way the live CD does when booting from it).
I am using the autoconfig script and hotplug. It finds the Network Card but for the Sound AND Video Card I get "Unknown vendor|unknown device xxxxxx..." (Where xxxx
xxx are system id's I guess).
Anybody any idea how I could get autoconfigure to auto configure my sound and video card the same way the live CD does?
Thanks
AR
I installed hwdata and it seems to be working
AR
Is that a library package or something?
Where do you get that?
I tried to boot up Knoppix on my HD installation with a better but perhaps unsupported video card.
It booted into command line mode but never went into GUI mode.
sakiZ

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 Tablet Computer Vintage Pen Powers On w/ Charger READ
$100.00
Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working
$144.99
Vintage 1999 Iomega Zip 100 External 100MB PC Parallel Port Drive Z100P2
$24.99
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00