Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: problem: only 10MB iso file

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4

    problem: only 10MB iso file

    Hi,

    I've followed the "Knoppix Remastering Howto". Basically the only changes I made are to add a shell script to /usr/bin (in the source tree) and to change the isolinux.cfg file (in the master tree) to boot into a knoppix-txt by default.

    I then ran the first mkisofs command, which ran very fast, this creates only a filesystem as I understand.

    Also, the second mkisofs command didn't take long and produces a 11MB ISO file.

    So what may I've done wrong?

    I can't really guarantee that I umounted proc properly in the chroot environment. I find the guide a bit confusing in this respect. I mounted proc in the chroot environment.

    Thanks for any pointers and help,

    Jochen

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I would suggest that you try this HOWTO that I wrote. It uses a menu that wraps around the copying, chroot & mkisofs commands so that you do not have to type long complicated commands. Here is the URL http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867.

    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4
    Hi,

    I have only 4GB in total, which is 3GB disk and 1GB swap. Does this work with your scripts?

    Jochen

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I have only 4GB in total, which is 3GB disk and 1GB swap. Does this work with your scripts?
    Yes it should. However I would like to politely point out that I did not write any of the scripts. I must be honest and state that I only wrote the HOWTO.

    I hope you give it a try & it should work out well for you.
    James

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4

    works!

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    I have only 4GB in total, which is 3GB disk and 1GB swap. Does this work with your scripts?
    Yes it should. However I would like to politely point out that I did not write any of the scripts. I must be honest and state that I only wrote the HOWTO.

    I hope you give it a try & it should work out well for you.
    James
    Thanks very much, it worked. All I have to find out how to modify isolinux.cfg, so that it automatically boots into text mode.

    Jochen

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Open up the isolinux.cfg file in a text editor and notice the second line. It is the second line that controls the default bootup behavior.
    1: DEFAULT linux24
    2: APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    3: TIMEOUT 300
    Add a 2 to the line #2:
    1: DEFAULT linux24
    2: APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet 2 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    3: TIMEOUT 300
    Then save it and exit the editor.
    Now it should book to runelevel 2 by default.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    Open up the isolinux.cfg file in a text editor and notice the second line. It is the second line that controls the default bootup behavior.
    1: DEFAULT linux24
    2: APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    3: TIMEOUT 300
    Add a 2 to the line #2:
    1: DEFAULT linux24
    2: APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet 2 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    3: TIMEOUT 300
    Then save it and exit the editor.
    Now it should book to runelevel 2 by default.
    I hope this helps.
    James
    Thanks very much James!


    Jochen

Similar Threads

  1. Minor Text File Problem, Transfer file in ASCII
    By bonkas in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
  2. Problem getting cmg file (running klik)
    By dunsun in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
  3. Problem writing to DOS file-system...
    By Bidi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:57 AM
  4. problem remaking the ISO-file
    By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 06:14 AM
  5. Problem burning iso file with Nero
    By russtproof in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50