Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Scratchy Sound

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    Scratchy Sound

    I've noticed that for the most part my voloume is alright but when I play any media even slightly louder then normal it gets really scratchy. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a driver or you can't do much beyond Hardware decetion? Right now I have knoppix as a Harddrive install. Thanks

    -Jameson

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Scratchy Sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson
    I've noticed that for the most part my voloume is alright but when I play any media even slightly louder then normal it gets really scratchy. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a driver or you can't do much beyond Hardware decetion? Right now I have knoppix as a Harddrive install. Thanks

    -Jameson
    If its a weird soundcard chances are its just bad drivers.

    Me, I can't control my sound card volume.

    You really just have to wait intill new drivers come out.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78
    I beleve I have a Conexant audio card not sure if its popular or not. Is there a way to update the driver for it if I were to find an updated version of the driver?

Similar Threads

  1. No sound w/ Live CD - onboard sound card, Asus/Via
    By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
  2. ASUS integrated sound chip recognized but no sound
    By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
  3. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  5. Maxi Sound Muse half channels sound
    By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.77