-
Junior Member
registered user
My openoffice is now completly in german and i didnt set it!
help! ive been using knoppix all year, and my open office was in english all that time and now for some reason its in german!!!!

kinda hard to fix when i dont ever know german ffs :/
does anyone know how to get it back to english?!
-
Senior Member
registered user
are you installed to HD? easiest way to insure Openoffice is English is to remove the German-English version (apt-get remove openoffice* ) & replace it with the standard version but you can only do this if installed to HD. Don't know if there is a .deb for Openoffice, go to the OpenOffice site, download their package & use the installer that comes with it.
Bonus: you then get full set of help files which I don't think are include with Knoppix for space reasons.
-
Junior Member
registered user
but it was already in english, why do i have to reinstall it?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm going to assume you have a persistant home directory, otherwise simply restart. Maybe try fooling around in the home directory? *Sgeo has no better suggestion, although there probably is one, like which file, or changing a setting within OpenOffice
-
I've got the same problem. I was creating Samba file shares and samba users and all of a sutton my openoffice was german. I don't got the answer yet. I hope I can help you later
Similar Threads
-
By Craig2 in forum General Support
Replies: 28
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By donl in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 01:46 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 01:18 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 07:00 AM
-
By howagood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00