Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ping and dhcp

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9

    ping and dhcp

    Hello everyone I'm trying to find out if my systems are communicating fine to one another. Both my systems are connected by a wireless router, one is MS (wired) and the other is knoppix (wireless). When I ping my MS system, non of packets are being received, but vice versa my MS system can ping my knoppix box fine. I know its a stupid question, but I figure someone here can help, thank you.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: ping and dhcp

    Quote Originally Posted by roc
    Hello everyone I'm trying to find out if my systems are communicating fine to one another. Both my systems are connected by a wireless router, one is MS (wired) and the other is knoppix (wireless). When I ping my MS system, non of packets are being received, but vice versa my MS system can ping my knoppix box fine. I know its a stupid question, but I figure someone here can help, thank you.
    Sounds like a firewall issue on the MS system. You might also want to confirm that Knoppix can ping the router (usually 192.168.something.1)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9
    Harry, your right on the money, I totally forgot that I have Zone Alarm running on my MS box. Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. only konqueror and ping working!
    By Antcodd in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:23 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
  3. ifconfig says yes ping says no
    By masticate in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 08:45 AM
  4. can ping router but no internet
    By kashif in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
  5. Can connect to ISP but not ping any host
    By annamerikin in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Yealink CP965 12-lines Conference Phone - Black Grey, Open Box picture

Yealink CP965 12-lines Conference Phone - Black Grey, Open Box

$245.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99