-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Welcome to Knoppix wonderworld 
Enjoy!
Greetings,
probono
-
Senior Member
registered user
That's one of the funniest subject lines I've ever read.
-
Hello
I -just- got an old PC to play around with a few days ago. Got a new monitor for it today. Downloaded a Knoppix live CD and, being completely new to this, was wondering how I would go about installing it on my hard drive. All I want is Knoppix on it, nothing else. So a complete erasure of the hard drive and full installation. Since you apparently have successfully done so, I was hoping to get some fast feedback.
Please help this newbie out 
Mikal K.
-
Oops, forgot something...
I forgot to mention that I have already burned the Live CD and currently have the PC running off of it. It seems to be running perfectly... and it looks gorgeous! Simple, yet clear, instructions would be wonderful! Or, if there is a website that I am not finding that directs one through this process, a link to that would also work 
Mikal K.
-
Nevermind!
Through a great deal of trial and error, and trial and success, as well as a couple of commands I found on a previous forum, I managed to finally make it into the installer and have successfully reformatted the hard drive in the "ext3" format and have begun installation of Knoppix. Hopefully within the hour I will have a bootable, if not working, Knoppix system. 
Mikal K.
-
EXT3 Partitioning software for win98 ??
Aloha !
I downloaded Knoppix V3.6 and trying to get it running from image file BC no cd burner here at present !
would like to hdd install on it's own partition, but need sw that can install EXT3 partition from win98, i think ??
Mahalo !
lb
-
Well...
I started with SuSE Linux... My last version was 8.2..... In the end I was realy angry with the SuSE-crap. The Package manager was somehow broken, and there was no practial way to update the system....
I wanted to have Debian, but I didn't want to spend much time for setting it up. So I tried Knoppix and downloaded 3.6.... The cool thing was that I could play with the settings until everything worked as I wanted - then I made the HDD install what was even more easy than isntalling Windows. 
With the full power oft apt (even if you must eb carefull with the unstable packages) I'm running a nice Linux system now, I realy like.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams
$95.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$550.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99