-
knoppix 3.4 and ibm thinkpad 600e 400Mhz 128MB
I really enjoy using knoppix and I prefer having it installed on my HD on my old PC. However I wanna buy an IBM Thinkpad 600e and downgrade myself with hardwares a bit coz it will have only PII 400Mhz and 128MB. Question is:
1) will knoppix still perform fine?
2) is it better to upgrade my RAM
3) 400Mhz enough? I though the CPU isnt really that important but the RAM is.
I simply wanna use it to do my codings, some office stuff and a bit of easy statistics. Dont wanna run any tough computation - except a bit GRIM FANDANGO game maybe :O).
I need some advice and comments.
cheers
kev
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By rwcitek in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By iansoutar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By fred7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046
$24.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00