Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Qmail web server

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Queretaro Mexico
    Posts
    36

    Qmail web server

    Hi, I'm trying to install a web mail server. I checked www.qmailrocks.org tutorial and its really good, it explains everything But I got to a part where I must install Vqadmin and there I'm stuck.

    I did :
    ./configure --enable-cgibindir=/var/www/cgi-bin --enable-htmldir=/var/www/html/
    make && make install-strip

    Then I added the following lines to the apache httpd.conf file:

    <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin/vqadmin">
    deny from all
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order deny,allow
    </Directory>


    Then I configured the .htaccess file, the .htpasswd correctly but when I try to enter the cgi script that handles all the vqadmin stuff I just can't (http://localhost/cgi-bin/vqadmin/vqadmin.cgi)
    I checked permissions for the folders, files and they are ok (755) when I try to open the cgi script I get this error:

    The requested URL /cgi-bin/vqadmin/vqadmin.cgi was not found on this server

    I tryed accessing the localhost/cgi-bin folder but I can't because I don't have permission to access it, which is ok I think, but when I tryed to enter localhost/cgi-bin/vqadmin it says that its not found on the server, and I already checked it and it is in there, with the propper permissions. Please if you can help me that would be really nice. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Queretaro Mexico
    Posts
    36
    please if you know hoe to do this help me out

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Your best bet is to post your questions on Qmail at the Qmailrocks forums since it looks like noone here is able to help you. I found the following post when I searched with your error http://forum.qmailrocks.org/viewtopi...=requested+url.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. Sendmail/Qmail and PHP?
    By tbishop61 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 08:51 AM
  2. Server help...
    By hiddenw in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
  3. X server crash: "Fatal server error: Active ring not fl
    By cmcclean in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
  4. NFS server
    By pnti in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:32 PM
  5. Terminal Server: Suspend to Server for clients
    By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens picture

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens

$249.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor picture

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor

$39.99



Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New

$284.79



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99