Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: md5sum wrong with bittorrent?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Austin, tx
    Posts
    4

    md5sum wrong with bittorrent?

    I lost my original iso of the 4.0.2 cd and I wanted to make another copy (my original copy is busy installing gentoo on another machine right now) so I downloaded the bittorrent tracker from the official site at http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/ . Bittorrent said the download was completed successfully. I checked the md5sum anyway, and it failed. I thought "whatever" and burned a cd anyway. When I used the testcd cheatcode it also failed on KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. What's up with that?

    Are the md5sums wrong for some reason or did I really get a bad download through bittorrent?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Your download is bad. It would be very interesting to know how that happened. One obvious thing to try is to restart the torrent; which should cause it to check your existing files and hopefully repair the bad part(s).
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Austin, tx
    Posts
    4
    Looks like that fixed it. Thanks for the tip. I removed it from the download list, then restarted the tracker file. Bittorrent hung at 99.9% for a whole minute, then starting seeding. I checked the md5sum and now it passes, so does testcd. I guess ish happens, even with bittorrent.


Similar Threads

  1. wrong md5sum on knoppix DVD torrent?
    By OErjan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
  2. md5sum
    By empro in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. md5sum on 3.3-2003-11-14 is wrong or what ?
    By marians in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
  4. MD5sum
    By Moob in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
  5. md5sum
    By bob_parker in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper QFX10008-BASE / 90 Day Warranty / Ships Today picture

Juniper QFX10008-BASE / 90 Day Warranty / Ships Today

$6500.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch

$89.99