-
SATA Raid detected, but disks show up twice
Hello Board,
first of all I have read the sticky one above and searched for a while... now I stuck. Consider me as a Linux newbie (also I have some experience with Suse 7.x and squid.conf)
I own a PC based on the Asus Board P4C800 Deluxe with a onboard Promise 20378 RAID controller and two 160 GB SATA disks configured as a mirror (Raid 1). No other internal disks, but 250 GB on external USB-disk for backup.
The PC has Win XP Prof. installed and two NTFS partitions on the Raid volume. BTW: Windows setup is also a problem (unknown controller, 3rd party disk needed, have no disk drive anymore). But with Win I have much more experience and can handle this.
Since Knoppix 3.6 my Raid-volume is detected when booting and I can mount both NTFS partitions (dev/sda1 and dev/sda2). Great so far!
Then I see a second, identical set as sdb1 and sdb2. This seems to be the physical view of the disks, not the mirror-set. I am pretty sure that I will break my mirror if I try to write on any of the mentioned partitions.
My goal is to use Knoppix for a backup of the entire windows boot partition (to the external USB disk). At this point I assume that I can do a full backup with dd but will not be able to restore it very well.
On asus.com there are Linux drivers for the Promise 20378. From here I need some help:
1) I have no floppy disk drive, so I must integrate the drivers on the CD somehow
1) the drivers are for Suse 8.x and Redhat (uni processor/smp resp. HT)
Which one to choose?
Code:
C:.
├───RHSMPV1.00.0.13
├───RHUPV1.00.0.13
└───SuSE8xV1.00.0.13
└───linux
└───suse
├───i386-8.0
│ ├───install
│ └───modules
└───i386-8.1
├───install
└───modules
Similar Threads
-
By tmcphail in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
-
By Eru_Ascar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
-
By sideshore in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 03:47 AM
-
By mzruya in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By poopyman67 in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00