-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
champagnemojo
I've been trying out Yoper the past few days after hearing a few people sing its praises...no real need to, just got bored. :P It's rpm-based, but they have a ported version of apt. It's great as long as all the programs you want are in their repositories (doubtful), but once you want something else you hit dependency problems. I quickly realized that I can't live without dpkg.
I've thought about trying Gentoo too...again, just for the heck of it if I get bored. I don't really see me ever leaving debian-based distros anytime soon.

Even if everything is in their repository, the dependency rules obviously is not as well polished as debian. I tried to install it one way and it didn't work. Install it another way, it worked. This never happens to me on debian(may be unstable/testing but not stable branch).
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By god in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99