-
Senior Member
registered user
Wow, and I feel good that I'm just changing from Knoppix to Kanotix - this is sobering 
I can, and have, knocked apt, many times, but, never considered the "other" ways Distros install, never seen, or used, them... But, I have to admit, when you have to break-down, and compile, that gets really scarey... Nothing a newbie likes to see, and not having a clue what "is" and "isnt" good or bad, doesnt help matters... ( was that a "good" error? Or a "bad" error, kind of thing )
I have to admit, these forums have been a lot of my education, and I have only read one book about Linux ( a Sys Admin book, and it was written for RedHat, not that hard to translate into Debian-based ), I wont count the "other" book I read, considering it was "glossy" on the Linux subject, ( the blue screen of death book ).
Knoppix has been my "eyes" and "hands" to the world of Linux, I think I can "manage" to work, and know what to do, stuff... If I hit something I havent a clue about, I hit this forum up, either a search for previous posts on my issue, or, last ditch, a new post. I use my "knowledge" to post back on subjects I have learned, or have ideas about, and tend to "watch" posts, to see if something "catches my fancy"...
I dont think I will ever sway from anything Debian, I think I'm just a "Debian Girl", and I dont think that is ever going to change. I'm not one to go after installing new OS's just to see what they look like, or do, I tend to run what I need, or have to, to do what I want... And, I appologize for ANYTHING I have ever said about apt, it is got to be the best, considering the alternatives 
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By god in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99