-

Originally Posted by
nishtya
I liked Mepis but found Kanotix way ahead
May I ask what version of Mepis you say is state of the art? Is it perhaps the purchased one? The free download found on mirrors now, 2004-4 is using kernel 2.6.7 which many have found to be slow and I believe has a security flaw as well.
Most Live CD users wouldn't give a toss which kernel version they are running - so long as it is reliable and fast. I haven't noticed any slowness in Mepis 2004.04. When I say "state of the art" I was referring to the attributes which distinguish these live CDs - e.g. automatic and comprehensive hardware detection, look and feel, functionality out of the box, hardrive installer, and update facilities.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:12 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99